10 Market Street
|BMAS and Company|
12 Market Street
With the granting of a New Market Act in 1844, the weekly Glossop market was relocated to Howardtown
An advertisment from ’Glossop - A Sketch From The Earliest Period’ printed and published by Messrs. Jenkinson and Hamnett in 1904.
Was this photo of a marching band taken on the outdoor market area? The buildings behind could be the ones on Market Street (where Bradbury House is now) although the building far left doesn’t look like the Bridge Inn (12 Market Street) as it looks today.
Photo taken in 2014 by Glossop VAH.