The Glossop VAH Project
 Glossop VAH Project
 Glossop VAH
Glossop vehicles

Glossop Vehicles

Please use the comment form to tell us more information about the following vehicles, make, model, year, memories.


The Glossop Tramway was a 4.5 mile long passenger tramway service connecting the mill towns of Glossop and Hadfield and was opened in 1903. It was closed in 1927, with the branch to Whitfield closing in 1919. There were nine trams in total, seven double-deckers and two single-deck. They were painted in dark green and primrose.


Tram on High Street East near Hall Street (now (Manor Park Road)


Tram and staff outside depot


Tram at Queens Arms Old Glossop


Train crashes through barrier at Glossop Station


Horse drawn fire engines


Fire brigade


Fire engines


Fire engine


Fire engine


Coal lorry - John Cornfield


Lorry - Joseph Ashworth


Traction engine outside Glossop railway station / goods yard


Traction engine - John Greenwood quary owner


Traction engine on Norfolk Street


Horse drawn cart


Horse drawn carriage


Glossop Clarion Cycling Club


Glossop chimney sweep


Glossop Coop ladies outing


Charabang outside Mason's Arms Hadfield