|Nat West Bank
4-6 Market Arcade
High Street West
1-3 Market Arcade
Note the location of the two phone boxes in the 1970s. Photograph courtesy of Cliff Hales.
English Heritage Grade II Listed Structure
Two telephone kiosks, type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast-iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and doors.
© English Heritage 2000.
The National Heritage List Text Entries contained in this material were obtained on 8/6/2013. The most publicly available up to date National Heritage List Text Entries can be obtained from www.english-heritage.org.uk.
Photograph courtesy of Glossop & District Historical Society.
The Glossopdale Townscape Heritage Initiative funded the replacement of town centre asphalt pavements with traditional sandstone slabs. Photograph courtesy of Glossop & District Historical Society.
Photographer taken 17 March by Mike Tomlinson.
Photo taken in 2014 by Glossop VAH.